Julia Manning is a Somerset based artist-printmaker.
She has participated in two SWLA projects — the Wallasea RSPB residency in 2015 and the Wadden Sea Denmark project in 2019.
As well as being a professional member of the SWLA, Julia is also a Member of the Royal Society of Painter-Printmakers, the Devon Guild of Craftsmen and Somerset Printmakers.
She was one of the four members of Pine Feroda from 2015 — 2019.
Julia has prints in the following collections: the British Embassy in Paris, Paintings in Hospitals, the Aberystwyth Print Archives, the British Museum and the House of Lords.
Julia’s inspiration comes from — drawing in the wild and the geology of islands; the colours and essence of different places; rock formations on which birds nest; rocky outcrops over which seabirds glide. It is a colourful celebration of the natural world.
- The Aberystwyth University Print Archives Award (2007) Originals MallGalleries London
- The Fenton Arts Trust Award (2008) Originals Mall Galleries London
- The RE Award (2008) Originals Mall Galleries London
- John Purcel Paper Award (RE Annual Exhibition 2008)
- The Paintings In Hospitals Purchase Prize Award
- Printmaker’s Printmaker Of The Year Printfest Ulverston Cumbria(2009)
- Langford Press Printmaking Award The Society of Wildlife Artists2016
- Mascot Media Nature in Print Award The Society of WildlifeArtists 2018
- AceArts Nature in Art 2018 The Peoples Choice Award
- ROYAL ACADEMY SUMMER EXHIBITION 2019 Twinletts’ Razor billsand Guillemots nesting on the cliffs of Skokholm.
- Wells Contemporary International 2019
- Wales Contemporary 2019