The Natural Eye, the annual exhibition of the Society of Wildlife Artists showcases the very best of fine art inspired by the natural world. Renowned for displaying a wide ranging collection of exciting and thought provoking work including sculpture, printmaking, painting and drawing there will always be something to delight and inspire you. The Out of the Frame room celebrates the tradition of working from life and will show a selection of field sketches and project work from member artists. Each day a member artist will be at the gallery to meet visitors and share their experiences of creating their work. Alongside the exhibition our events will include artists demonstrations, talks and a portfolio day for which details will be published on this site in due course.
EXHIBITION DATES 2019
Private View Wednesday 23rd October
Open to the public: Thursday 24th October, 10am – 5pm
Closes: Sunday 3rd November, 1pm
The SWLA is extremely grateful to all our sponsors and supporters.
- Birdwatch Artist of the Year Award (£1000 plus Swarovski optics)
- Terravesta Prize (£2000)
- The RSPB Award (£500)
- Birdscapes Gallery Conservation Award (£750 split between the recipient and a conservation charity of their choice)
- Larson-Juhl Drawing Prize (£500 framing materials and an article in their magazine 4Walls)
- Mascot Media ‘Nature in Print’ Award: For the most original, unusual or effective interpretation of the natural world using traditional printmaking techniques. The winning artist will receive £200 and their choice of 10 current Mascot Media books
- Dry Red Press Printmaker’s Award
The Natural Eye exhibition 2019 is sponsored by
Terravesta, pioneers of sustainable energy from Miscanthus